All things considered, 2018 has been good to me. Of course, everything doesn’t always go right, but overall it was a good year. I captured quite a few of the highlights this quick video. I hope you enjoy it.
What went well?
My crafting. I made some cool stuff this year.
- Pretty striped blouse
- Fabulous Black Poncho
- A felt violet brooch
- Metal stamped necklace
- Homebrewed Vanilla Extract
Business for Maurita’s EssentialsI learned how to pipe soap
- I upgraded my jar packaging
- Several custom orders
- Customers in new states
- Discovered the beauty or sea salt bars
- Had a successful home party
- Brought on an independent sales consultant
I had fun traveling
- Went back to Essence music festival with my long time friend, Robyn.
- Took a solo weekend getaway to Colonial Williamburg in VA. I got to seem Jamestown and take an African-American history tour of Colonial Williamsburg. It was informative and relaxing. I actually enjoy solo travel.
- I surprised my Big Sister. Lizzie for her 60th birthday in Mississippi.
- I surprised my play Dad, John for his 75th birthday in Flint.
- I’ve lost about 20lbs since this time last year. Thank ya BIG God!
After much anxiety and being consumed with the desire to have a family. I finally surrendered that over to God and got to a place a peace. When I say that has been a weight lifted…it’s hard for me to put it into words. And yall know I’m seldom lost for words.
What didn’t go so well?
I don’t have much to complain about this year. 2018 was a drastic improvement over 2017. I’m not sure I mentioned much about it, but I had a significant health scare after I had my mammogram in October 2017. I had s few followup studies, biopsies taken and needle aspiration done. I didn’t have to go through that in 2018. I should note, the tests were benign. Thank you BIG God, again.
I had taken a part-time job at the end of 2017, but I decided to quit in August 2018. The pay was decent, but the work was laborious. I was on my feet and it was constantly busy. I told myself I didn’t want to work that hard for anyone but myself. I left there to have more time to grow Maurita’s Essentials and that’s what I’ve been doing.
I tried seeing a therapist in the early spring because I was having a hard time coping with long-term singleness and childlessness. I hadn’t really done much dating or had a relationship in 3 years. I didn’t find therapy to be terribly helpful this time. I think I had gotten to a place where I was tired of being despondent about my circumstances. So I just let it all go. I had tried to let it go several times before. This time seems to have worked 😊.
In a similar vein, I decided to try online dating again. I actually met someone and quickly hopped into a relationship. That didn’t last long, but it was good to get back to dating and relating. That said, I’m ending this year on a high note. I have a new friend and he’s been consistent. AND, I really enjoy talking to him 👀 .
I’m looking forward to 2019. I’m decreeing and declaring expansion in my business and healthy love in my personal life. What are your plans adn intentions for 2019?