Peer support for women who are childless not by choice
Hey friends! I’m nervous to press send on this one. But, this is a part of my therapy plan and I’m trusting that there is a blessing on the other side of pressing send.
So here’s the news! I am starting a peer support group for women who are childless by circumstance and not by choice. My idea for this group is that it will be a safe space for women who look like me. If there is a need for it, there will be a sub-group for women who are also single and childless.
Who this is for:
- Women who desire children but do not have any due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Women who have aged out of fertility (peri-menopause and menopause)
- Women who struggled with infertility and are no longer trying to conceive.
Who this is not for:
- Women who have children (biological or adopted).
- Women who have chosen not to have children.
- Women who are actively trying to conceive.
- Allies of women who are struggling with childlessness.
To re-iterate, this group is for women who are childless, not by choice, but by circumstance. That means if you are a woman who has decided to not have children as your choice, this group is not for you. This is for women who desire children, and for whatever reason, they were not able to have them. This may be due to infertility, lack of finances to pursue fertility treatments, lack of a partner, etc.
This peer support group will offer you a safe space to be with people that have similar circumstances as you. You can ask questions, vent, discuss coping mechanisms, talk about how to arrive at acceptance and how to handle difficult people or situations. Our community will live on Discord (a private web-based application). If you are interested in joining, we look forward to welcoming you.
In order to join us, please complete the short form using the link below. We ask you to upload a picture to verify your identity. We are committed to making our community a safe space for our members.
JOIN OUR PEER SUPPORT GROUP
Childless Not By Choice
hosted by Meredith